On Sunday, June 19, 2022, we are starting a new sermon series entitled “Praying through the Psalms”.
Praying through the Psalms comes from a book by James W. Sire. We encourage you to use this guide each week in preparation for , and review of the sermon on Sunday.
1. Read, reread, and read again!
2. Clarify the text, get an understanding of each word or phrase.
3. Analyze the structure: the flow of ideas, the flow of emotions, and the rhetorical structure.
4. What does the psalm tell you about God’s character? His covenant with His people? His
5. Understand the psalmist’s own complex and changing relationship to
6. Make the speech of the psalmist your own by repeating the words as your words,
adapting them to your situation.